Black Friday (Black Friday) is celebrated in the United States the day after “Thanksgiving”, this year it is celebrated on November 27, 2020. This date is a tradition that originated in Philadelphia in the 60s. It is the day that the Christmas shopping season opens, for this reason, many people go shopping in stores and take advantage of the significant discounts. This Black Friday season runs throughout the weekend.
What is Black Friday? When is Black Friday 2020?
This year’s Black Friday 2020 is November 27th, Black Week will start on November 23rd and will continue until November 30th ending with Cyber Monday. This tradition comes from the United States and dates back to the 1960s. It is believed to have been coined in Philadelphia when police officers started calling Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving. At that time, people were crowding the streets, causing traffic jams and other problems for the police.
How does this relate to the offers that essentially characterize this day?
It connects because many stores took advantage of selling excess product inventory at low prices, making room in stores for the Christmas products they were about to receive. Started in America, this sales strategy, which is beneficial to both entrepreneurs and buyers, has since spread to other parts of the world.
Thus, Black Friday has become the day of the year with the biggest discounts and offers even in online stores. It is an opportunity to buy leisure products or perhaps renew old appliances. Due to its proximity to Christmas, many people take the opportunity to get ahead of Christmas shopping and save a good amount of money to give everyone gifts.
Next, we will give you some suggestions to keep in mind and take advantage of these shopping days:
- Take a good look at your closet and all the things you already have to get an idea of what you may need or think about what gifts you want to make.
- You can look at the store offers Internet, and make a list of products you want to buy, this will help you avoid having to be deciding at the time that product out and wasting time.
- Being patient is one of the great keys when going shopping, try to look carefully at the prices before regretting after seeing other cheaper offers.
- You can go to that store where you plan to buy more things and take a look at the products and make sure the prices suit you.
- Do not trust all offers, since not all are paid.
- Before buying, make sure you know the return policy of the establishment or online store.
- On this occasion of sales that last all weekend, it is time to take the opportunity to buy good quality things that can usually be expensive.
- Also take advantage of the following Monday, which is called Cyber Monday, since the offers continue in some online stores.
- Everything that you can buy online, do it online since normally the prices are even lower.
- It is the perfect time to do all the Christmas shopping.
- Be smart and buy only what you need and it will be useful, it is not necessary to overdo it and go crazy with purchases.
How to make the most of Black Friday?
As we said above, Black Friday 2020 will be held on November 27 and to take full advantage. We must take into account several factors, such as that the offers will be extended much longer. New this year is the pre-Black Friday with incredible offers starting from October 26 and until November 19.
But as is now well known, the hottest week will be precisely that of Black Friday, where many companies will already have active discounts from Monday, that is, November 23, even if the most important promotions will start on Thursday, November 26.
As in other years, Black Friday will also be extended to Saturday 28 and Sunday, November 29. And Monday, November 30, will be Cyber Monday, another day of bargains, this time more focused on online commerce and technology. Let’s see some tips to make the most of Black Friday.
Make a list
There are probably a lot of things you want to buy and a lot of them may sell out quickly, so make a list. This list should not only take into account what you want but among the most desired items, note the one that could run out more quickly. Think of cool products, from video games like FIFA 20 to consoles like Nintendo Switch, and put them at the top of the list so you can start buying these.
Get ahead of Christmas shopping
Black Friday takes place approximately 28 days before Christmas. Since you can save up to 50%, better take advantage of it! In this way, we will also reduce the stress of having to wander through crowded shops during the Christmas period without even finding what we are looking for.
So make a list of Christmas gifts. Let loved ones tell you in advance what they want. Try to buy almost everything that day, because then the prices will start going up.
Amazon Black Friday: tricks to make the most of discounts
Amazon, the king of electronic commerce, has already confirmed its participation in Black Friday 2020 with a page dedicated to the event. For this day, the site offers discounts of up to 50% in all sectors: electronics, computing, home, cooking, fashion, sports, video games, toys, stationery, books, music and more.