When you first purchase an expensive appliance like an air fryer, it’s exciting to introduce your friends to a new cooking tool that can make delicious food! But when the novelty wears off and you start using your air fryer more often, you’ll find it builds up grease and oil over time. This blog article covers how you can clean your air fryer to preserve its quality.
How To Clean The Grease Off an Air Fryer
If your air fryer starts to smell bad, it’s probably because of the grease that accumulates on the cooking surface. Follow these steps to clean the grease off your air fryer:
1. Pour a pot of water onto the cooking surface of your air fryer and turn it on to high heat. Make sure that the air fryer is completely cooled before you attempt to clean it.
2. Once the water is hot, place a dish towel on the grease-covered cooking surface and wait for about 10 minutes. Gently remove the grease-covered dish towel and repeat this until all of the greases have been removed.
3. Rinse the air fryer thoroughly with warm water to clean it and put it away for future use. true
Why it is important to clean your air fryer
Cleaning an air fryer is important to ensure that your food comes out tasting fresh and that the machine functions properly. Here are four reasons why you should clean your air fryer every time you use it:
1. The interior of the air fryer will stay clean and free from grease and food particles, which will help to improve the cooking quality.
2. Excess grease and food particles can build up on the air fryer’s interior, resulting in decreased performance and even fires.
3. Cleaning the air fryer regularly will help to prevent bacterial growth, which could spoil your food.
4. A dirty air fryer will also produce a terrible smell that may irritate those around it.
Your first step in cleaning your air fryer: Turn on the vent and open the door
When your air fryer is turned on and the vent is open, use a brush to clean all interior surfaces. Next, remove any food particles or grease collected on the heating elements with a brush or cloth. Then, wipe down the exterior with a damp cloth.
Step two: Empty the basket and pat down the grease with a damp towel.
Step three: use a degreaser to clean the surface of the air fryer.
Step four: use a dry towel to clean the degreaser off the air fryer.
Step five: re-grease the air fryer with cooking oil or butter.
The best way to get the grease off an air fryer is to insert a paper towel into the basket and start cooking. The heat will cause the grease to melt and then come off the surface.