9.2 C
New York
Saturday, April 20, 2024

How to Get Rid of Mold on Walls Permanently

The mold is a bad enemy to the health of the houses. It creeps everywhere and follows lines of moisture that we wouldn’t even suspect existed. If the mold begins to settle in a wall, it is difficult to eradicate it because sooner or later it will end up reappearing once the effect of the treatments has lost its grit. So let’s see how to get rid of mold on walls permanently.

How to get rid of mold on walls permanently?

The external walls are always exposed to an environment congenial to the development of molds because the rain beats on them and they are often in shady positions, ideal for the development of this treacherous creature that prefers environments not exposed to the sun. When the wall begins to show signs of blackish mold or worse still red, it is appropriate to take action and completely remove this threat before it invades the entire facade and even enters the house.

You will need:

  • Water
  • Bleach
  • A brush
  • A rubber tube attached to a tap
  • Pressure washer
  • Antiperspirant paint

how to get rid of mould on walls permanently

Identify the primary cause

First, you need to identify the source of the mold. The primary conditions for the onset of this rot are the gray areas or where the sun does not beat directly. If possible, therefore, obstacles that prevent light from reaching the wall, such as stacks of wood or piled things or even hedges, must be removed. Once the wall is brought up to air, it must be wetted abundantly with water, so as to make it slightly porous.

Use bleach

After wetting the wall, prepare a solution of three parts of water and one of bleach and pass it on the mold-covered part of the wall using a large brush or brush, leaving everything to act until you see that it starts to dry, taking into account that the larger the brush used, the less time it will take to spread the disinfectant. Bleach contains chlorine which is toxic to most living beings and in particular to fungi and molds. This treatment should be able to kill all the aerial parts of mold, which are the ones we see with the naked eye.

You may also like to read, how to paint bubbles. To know more visit our blog http://houseilove.com/.

Remove the bleach

When the bleach has started to dry, we take systole or better still a pressure washer and with a brush, we move on to vigorously rub the treated surface to eliminate any spores that have remained attached which could have resisted the disinfectant action of the chickenpox and be ready to bloom again in a few days. Unfortunately, this rather energetic treatment is deleterious for the wall dyeing which will probably be damaged.

Paint the wall

After letting it dry, it is advisable to paint the entire wall since during the formation of the mold and then due to the treatment the color is lost, therefore for aesthetic reasons, painting is used. The best thing to do is to opt for an antifouling and antiperspirant paint in order to limit the infiltrations and prevent the formation of mold. It is recommended to carry out a treatment with this paint at least once a year if the house is located in an area with a humid and rainy climate, especially under the arcades. In any case, it is useful to spray a 10% bleach solution at the beginning of autumn to prevent the attack of the mold with the wet season.

Do not let the mold spread, act immediately to eradicate it.

You may like also to read http://firstgradeappliances.com/

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles