Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Aviano (Italy). She is an actress of American nationality born in Italy, the country where her father, the military man Richard Adams, was stationed. At a young age, she moved with her family to the United States to reside in Castle Rock, Colorado. In this article, we will present the Amy Adams net worth, biography and filmography.
Amy Adams biography
She studied ballet, was a Hooter girl and worked in a restaurant-theater before acting in plays, including “Brigadoon”, and debuted in the cinema with the satire of beauty pageants “Die, Pretty” (1999).
In the first stage of her career, Amy also made multiple television appearances in episodes of well-known TV series such as “Charmed”, “Smallville”, “Those Wonderful 70s” or “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
Other initial film titles of the red-haired actress were the sequel “Cruel Intentions 2” (2000), the comedy “Colgado De Sara” (2002) or the persecution film “Catch Me If You Can” (2002).
Thanks to her performance in “Junebug” (2005), Amy achieved an award at the Sundance Festival, being nominated for an Oscar and leaving international anonymity, a fact accentuated by her leading role in “Enchanted: The Story Of Giselle” (2007).
In “The Charlie Wison War” (2007) he played the assistant to the congressman who titled the film. In “La Duda” (2008) it was Sister James, a nun from a religious school. She later starred with Ben Stiller in the comedy “Night At The Museum 2” (2009), a film in which she played aviator Amelia Earhart.
In “Julie and Julia” (2009) she created a cooking blog based on her experiences with a cookbook created by the character of Meryl Streep. In the romantic comedy “You had to be you” (2010) she was paired with Matthew Goode.
The same year he participated in the boxing film “The Fighter” (2010), a tape in which he maintains a relationship with Mark Wahlberg. In “The Muppets” (2011) he shared credits with Jason Segel. In “Golpe De Efecto” (2012), a baseball-themed movie, he played Clint Eastwood’s daughter.
In the Paul Thomas Anderson movie “The Master” (2012) she was the wife of Philip Seymour Hoffman. He played Lois Lane in “The Man Of Steel” (2013), a movie with Henry Cavill as Superman. He repeated the character of Lois in “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” (2016) and in “Justice League” (2017). She won a Golden Globe for best comedy actress for “The Great American Scam” (2013), a film co-starring Christian Bale.
Tim Burton directed it in “Big Eyes” (2014), a film in which he played the painter Margaret Keane for which he won a Golden Globe. He starred for Denis Villeneuve in the science fiction film “The Arrival” (2016), playing a linguist who tries to contact some aliens who have arrived on Earth. The same year he shared the limelight with Jake Gyllenhaal in Tom Ford’s thriller “Nocturnal Animals” (2016).
In 2018 he premiered in the cinema “El Vicio Del Poder” (2018), playing Lynne Cheney, the wife of politician Dick Cheney (Christian Bale in the film). For her performance, she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. The same year he starred in and produced the miniseries “Open Wounds” (2018), an adaptation of a novel by Gillian Flynn that he co-starred in the role of his mother, Patricia Clarkson.
Her partner is Darren Le Gallo (born 1974), assistant to the art department of the movie Matrix Reloaded. In 2010 they had their daughter Aviana Olea. In 2015 they got married.
Amy Adams net worth
Amy Adams net worth is about 60 million US dollars. The estimated amount of her property is 9 million dollars. She owns a home from Dr. Paul Hutchison company and has a farm that is about 4.3 million US dollars. According to the earning, she ranked 6 on Most Beautiful Women in the world.
- PRETTY (1999) by Michael Patrick Jann
- PSYCHO BEACH PARTY (2000) by Robert Lee King
- CRUEL INTENTIONS 2 (2000) by Roger Kumble
- THE SLAUGHTER RULE (2002) by Alex Smith and Andrew Jr. Smith
- PUMPKIN (2002) by Anthony Abrams and Adam Larson Broder
- HANGED FROM SARA (2002) by Reginald Hudlin
- CATCH ME IF YOU CAN (2002) by Steven Spielberg
- THE LAST RUN (2004) by Jonathan Segal
- STANDING STILL (2005) by Matthew Cole Weiss
- THE WEDDING DAY (2005) by Clare Kilner
- JUNEBUG (2005) by Phil Morrison
- MOONLIGHT SERENADE (2006) by Giancarlo Tallarico
- PAST OF TURNS (2006) by Adam McKay
- TENACIOUS D IN THE PICK OF DESTINY (2006) by Liam Lynch
- FAST TRACK (2006) by Jesse Peretz
- ENCHANTED: THE STORY OF GISELLE (2007) by Kevin Lima
- SUPERDOG (2007) –voice- by Frederik Du Chau
- THE WAR OF CHARLIE WILSON (2007) by Mike Nichols
- A BIG DAY FOR THEM (2008) by Bharat Nalluri
- THE DOUBT (2008) by John Patrick Shanley
- SUNSHINE CLEANING (2008) by Christine Jeffs
- NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (2009) by Shawn Levy
- JULIE AND JULIA (2009) by Nora Ephron
- YOU HAD TO BE YOU (2010) by Anand Tucker
- THE FIGHTER (2010) by David O Russell
- THE MUPPETS (2011) by James Bobin
- HIT OF EFFECT (2012) by Robert Lorenz
- THE MASTER (2012) by Paul Thomas Anderson
- ON THE ROAD (2012) by Walter Salles
- THE MAN OF STEEL (2013) by Zack Snyder
- THE GREAT AMERICAN SCAM (2013) by David O. Russell
- HER (2013) by Spike Jonze
- LULLABY (2014) by Andrew Levitas
- BIG EYES (2014) by Tim Burton
- BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: THE DAWN OF JUSTICE (2016) by Zack Snyder
- THE ARRIVAL (2016) by Denis Villeneuve
- NIGHT ANIMALS (2016) by Tom Ford
- LEAGUE OF JUSTICE (2017) by Zack Snyder
- THE VICE OF POWER (2018) by Adam McKay
On the eve of release or in production
- HILLBILLY ELEGY (2019) by Ron Howard
- DISENCHANTED (2020) by Adam Shankman
- THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW (2020) by Joe Wright