For many people, constant armpit odor is a bothersome and frustrating problem that is difficult to get rid of. Whether due to a stressful lifestyle, an inadequate diet, illness or hormonal problems, the smell of very strong sweat can even be traumatic in some cases. If you want to completely eliminate underarm odor and get rid of this problem for good, the following article is ideal for you. Below, we reveal everything you should know about the reasons why this smell occurs and we teach you how to get rid of underarm odor permanently.
How to get rid of underarm odor permanently?
Armpit odor has a well-known scientific name: axillary bromhidrosis. This disease is characterized by giving off bad body odor even at times when there is no clear reason. Although bromhidrosis usually manifests in the armpit area, it can also occur in other humid and warm areas such as the feet or genitals.
When we play sports, when we are very nervous or when we are excessively hot, our body produces sweat to stabilize our body temperature. However, what happens when an armpit odor suddenly appears at times when sweating is unusual?
Before informing you of possible home solutions to completely eliminate armpit odor, we discover some useful tricks and some recommendations to keep in mind:
Waxing: hair is a great contributor to the appearance of sweat since it retains bacteria and fungi on the skin. This is even more noticeable when it comes to hot, humid areas like armpits or groins.
Maintain proper body hygiene. It is essential to insist on proper body hygiene, as it is the basis of a pleasant body odor. Part of this recommendation includes using deodorant, as it will help keep the area clean and prevent the appearance of underarm odor suddenly.
Choose suitable clothing: if you sweat a lot, especially in the armpit area, the most normal thing is that the fabric of the clothing ends up getting wet. This, in addition to making your sweating visible, will make the odor stronger. To prevent this from happening, choose clothing that is as tight as possible and leave out dark colors, since they are the ones that most trap heat.
Choose an antibacterial underarm soap: Soaps, like moisturizers, don’t have the same effect on all skin. In fact, many times, an unsuitable soap for your dermis can produce an undesirable and unpleasant odor. For this reason, it is most recommended that you use neutral soaps with a pH similar to that of human skin or an antibacterial soap for the armpits since they are the most effective to kill bacteria on the skin. In this case, you can also get a homemade germicidal underarm soap without harmful chemicals.
Visit the doctor: if the sweat released by your body tends to smell bad and you find it difficult to get rid of the problem, it is important that you put yourself in the hands of specialists to rule out possible metabolic problems or hormonal imbalance.
Home remedies for bad underarm odor
Now that you know some basic recommendations on how to permanently remove underarm odor, it is time to put into practice some great home remedies to completely eliminate underarm odor. Take note!
Baking soda for armpits
Baking soda, in addition to being a star product for many household chores, is a fabulous ingredient to combat bad odors. If you want to use baking soda for underarm odor, follow these steps:
- Wash the area well with neutral soap.
- Make sure to dry the skin very well and do not leave wet areas.
- Using a tissue or cotton, add hints of baking soda under the arms. You don’t need to remove it, so you just have to let the product do its job.
If you prefer, you can also mix three tablespoons of baking soda with two teaspoons of lemon. When you have thoroughly washed the area, apply the mixture to your armpits with a gentle massage and let it take effect.
Lemon for armpits
Lemon is also ideal to combat bad odors and to hide unwanted spots, as it is a natural underarm lightener. We show you below how lemon can be a 100% natural germicidal underarm soap.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze one of them. You can save the other half for the next occasion.
- Thoroughly wash the area and once again make sure to wipe off any moisture.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply a few drops of lemon juice to the skin of your armpits. The strong sweat smell will not only disappear but will not manifest again.
Aloe vera for bad underarm odor
If you’re wondering how to get rid of bad underarm odor quickly, you should know that aloe vera is another perfect ingredient to use as a natural deodorant. You will need to apply it a few times a day for a week to start seeing results, so get a natural aloe vera gel and apply a little to your armpits when you get up and before going to bed. Let it work all day and all night.
Aloe vera is also perfect for avoiding irritations, so if you decide to shave your armpits so that the hair does not retain bacteria, do not forget to apply it after hair removal.
Vinegar for armpits
Apple cider vinegar is the most effective in removing underarm odor due to its astringent, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. This is how you should prepare one of the best home remedies to remove armpit odor:
- Before going to bed, prepare half a glass of this vinegar. You can add if you want, a small spoonful of baking soda.
- Using a handkerchief or cotton, spread the mixture well down the armpits.
- When you get up in the morning, clean the area only with water.
Milk of magnesia for the armpits
Bloggers and YouTubers are falling for the properties of milk of magnesia, a perfect ingredient for those who are wondering how to remove the bad smell in the armpits once and for all.
Milk of magnesia for the armpits is ideal because it helps to eliminate excess fat and moisture quickly. For this reason, many have made this ingredient their new natural deodorant.
- Empty the magnesia milk into a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to give it a pleasant aroma.
- Mix well before using.
- Use this home remedy for bad underarm odor twice a day; one when you get up and another before going to bed.
How to remove bad armpit odor on clothing
We have previously discussed the importance of choosing appropriate clothing to avoid the bad smell of armpits permeating the fabric. However, there are times when it is impossible to prevent clothing from staining and taking on a strong and unpleasant odor. We tell you, next, how to eliminate the smell of sweat in clothes and how to bleach them.
Baking soda for clothes
Once again, baking soda is the protagonist of this home remedy to whiten clothes and completely eliminate armpit odor from our favorite clothes.
- Mix three teaspoons of baking soda in half a glass of natural lemon juice.
- When the mixture is pasty, rub it on the stained area of the garment.
- Once you have finished, you can put the garment to be washed in the washing machine normally.
Salt and vinegar to remove stains
These two ingredients are usually present in a large number of homemade solutions to avoid bad odors:
- Fill a glass of white vinegar and add two teaspoons of salt.
- Mix the ingredients well and spread the liquid over the sweat-stained area.
- Leave it for ten minutes before putting the garment to wash regularly.
If you want more effectiveness, you can also substitute the detergent for half a glass of salt and the softener for a quarter cup of white vinegar. Then put your garment to wash and when you take it out, you will see that there are no traces of sweat or bad smells.
Aspirin to whiten your clothes
Aspirin acid is ideal for removing stains and sweat odors from your favorite clothes. This option is great if some of your T-shirts, dresses, or shirts are starting to turn yellowish due to underarm sweat. We tell you how to wash clothes with aspirin:
- Prepare a bucket with 2 liters of warm water.
- Then spray 4 or 5 aspirins (depending on the size of the garment) and add them to the bucket.
- Leave the garment you want to bleach or clean submerged in the water with aspirin for at least 7 hours. A good option is to leave the garment to soak overnight.
- When you take the garment out, you can rinse it in the washing machine like you normally do.
Finally, we discovered a very powerful homemade solution to eliminate strong sweat odors and sweat stains from your clothes. Do not ask yourself more on how to remove the bad armpit odor from your clothes, because the mixture of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia will result in an impeccable white. Of course, due to the ingredients of the mixture, we recommend that you avoid doing it with delicate garments, since they could be damaged.
You may like also to read http://honeyblackmagazine.com/