Who has never felt the need to squeeze a pimple and end those nasty pimples once and for all? This type of acne, also called closed bars or comedones, appears when accumulated fat and impurities clog the pores of the skin. Comedones are generated under the closed pores of the skin, accumulating sebum, bacteria and dead cells that manifest superficially in the form of acne.
The causes of clogging the pores are diverse but do not despair, as are the various ways to combat this unpleasant type of acne. Here, we explain how to eliminate closed comedones easily. Take note and apply these treatments to look soft and acne-free skin!
How to remove closed Comedones?
As we have advanced previously, closed comedones appear when there are obstructions in the body pores. Fat (sebum), dead cells and impurities (bacteria) circulate daily through the skin so that if a pore is closed, all these elements accumulate in the epidermis.
Deep comedones can appear in any area of the body where clogged pores exist. The face and torso are the most common areas of this spread. Now, if you want more specific answers to the questions of why comedones come out and why the pores of the skin are clogged, check out these causes:
- The menstruation.
- The pregnancy.
During puberty, both in men and women, the body generates a greater amount of cutaneous sebum, so that cells are constantly born and die in our skin. If you have problems with acne from youth, it will be essential that you go to a dermatologist who can explain how to prevent the appearance of comedones.
The same happens during pregnancy and menopause, as they are times when there is a sudden hormonal change in the woman’s body. If you want to know how to eliminate closed comedones, do not miss the methods we offer below.
Remove closed comedones with home remedies
There are creams for closed comedones and even a famous deep comedones extractor, which we will talk about later. However, we will start with some home remedies so you can learn how to eliminate buried comedones naturally.
The closed comedones, unlike the open ones (the typical black spots on the skin), completely obstruct the follicle which causes it to swell and generate pustules and papules on the skin. Thus, to remove closed comedones, it will be essential to unclog clogged pores to free the skin of all its impurities. We offer you some of the most effective home remedies.
#Eliminate deep comedones with lemon juice
Among the many uses that lemon has in the field of health and beauty, we find the elimination of comedones. Vitamin C of this ingredient works as an antioxidant that, added to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon, can protect your skin from the appearance and spread of acne.
Also, the lemon is a perfect scrub to disinfect the skin and clean the skin deeply. If you want to learn how to eliminate comedones permanently, follow this step by step:
- Apply lemon juice (without sugar) on the affected area.
- Massage for five minutes to notice the positive effects of lemon in less time.
- To enhance its exfoliating power, you can add a little cinnamon powder to the juice.
- Wash the skin with warm water and remove the remaining ingredients with cotton.
#Remove comedones closed with baking soda
Baking soda is a perfect product to remove all types of pimples on the skin since it is an ingredient that removes excess sebum from the skin. Also, bicarbonate has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can significantly favor the disappearance of closed comedones.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a little water.
- When a homogeneous paste is left, apply it on your clean and dry skin, just where the Comedones you want to treat is.
- Let the mixture act for 15-20 minutes and then remove it from your skin with warm water.
#Remove closed comedones with microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a technique to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin that consists of a deep exfoliation of the epidermis. Dermatologists use crystal or diamond tips inserted in special devices to suction all dead cells and impurities retained on the skin’s surface.
This method of extracting deep comedones can also be done at home. Of course, if you carry out this treatment from your home, you will get later results; However, it will be a much less aggressive method, something that your skin will appreciate:
- Wash your skin well with soap and antiseptic soap. Then, dry with a soft cloth.
- Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with olive oil. For each tablespoon of bicarbonate, add half an oil. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the mixture.
- Stir with a spatula until you get a not very thick paste of medium consistency.
- Apply to the affected areas, performing circular massages.
- Let the mixture act on the skin for 10 minutes and then wash the treated area with warm water.
- Dry the skin completely with facial towels and apply a moisturizer to finish the treatment.
You can carry out this method every 15 days, preferably before bedtime. You mustn’t use another facial treatment when you decide to implement homemade microdermabrasion. With this method, you can get rid of deep comedones naturally and quickly.
#Remove closed comedones with chemical peeling
Chemical peeling is one of the most commonly used traditional methods in spas and beauty salons to eliminate closed comedones. Peeling is a treatment implemented as a body scrub that aims to make the damaged epidermis detach, giving way to a new clean and soft skin. There are several types of peeling used as a receiving treatment:
Superficial peeling: It is a soft peel to refresh the skin. The most common are glycolic peeling (extracted from sugar cane), which is ideal for treating spots and common aging of body tissue, and salicylic acid peeling (extracted from willow leaf), very effective against various types of acne.
Medium peeling: This peel is based on Trichloracetic acid (TCA) and is usually implemented for deep comedones and other scars. Its application also requires various preparations of retinoic acid.
Deep peeling: It is a much more aggressive peeling that is prepared with phenol. Due to the toxicity of the compound, this peel has been replaced by laser treatment that avoids the risks of phenol.
All these treatments must be applied by medical specialists since they require a previous analysis of the skin properties of each patient and the severity of the comedones to be treated.
#Remove comedones permanently with mesotherapy
Another technique of extraction of comedones that we can not fail to mention is mesotherapy since it is a less aggressive and cheaper method than peeling. This treatment involves the application of vitamins and other medications in the skin through superficial injections. These injections, given in precise doses, can rejuvenate the skin and clean it deeply in a matter of minutes.
- Firming: Uses injections of organic silicon, collagen and elastin to purify the skin, tighten and firm it.
- Moisturizer: Applies injections of hyaluronic acid to oxygenate and moisturize the skin, helping to release clogged pores.
- Depigmenting: Ideal for removing comedones and spots caused by exposure to sunlight. This type of mesotherapy combines hyaluronic acid with melanin (amino acid tyrosine) to rejuvenate the skin.
Deep comedones extractor: how to use it?
The comedones extractor has become fashionable, and it is a very useful tool to remove blackheads and comedones buried deep in the skin without leaving a mark. Instead of using your nails and hurting yourself in the attempt, get a comedones extractor in pharmacies or perfumeries and kill internal granites quickly and efficiently.
- Wash the skin with tiba water to decongest the pores.
- Put the round end of the device on top of the comedones you want to remove.
- Then press for all the infectious pimple to come out of your skin.
- It depends on the comedones extractor you have bought, you can also drag it through the skin, thus removing more than one comedones in the same area.
- Wash your skin again, this time with cold water and antibacterial soap.
- Dry your face or body and apply a moisturizer.
#Remove closed comedones with purifying strips
Another fast comedones extractor that you can find in perfumeries and pharmacies is the purifying strips. However, this technique is designed especially for those comedones located in the nose. It may be less useful if you want to eliminate comedones in the back or any other part of the body. You should use them as follows:
- Wash your skin with warm water and exfoliating antibacterial soap.
- Apply the strips on the comedones. Wait for the recommended time on the product and finally remove the band-aid.
- Wash the remains by cleaning the face with cotton, especially if they are purulent grains. Watch not to leave remains, as these could generate infections.
- Wash the skin again, this time with cold water. Again, dry the skin and apply moisturizer.
The best creams for closed comedones
If you wonder how to eliminate comedones permanently, you should know that it is best to bet on long-term treatments that provide you with safe results. In this case, creams for closed comedones are a usual recommendation, since they contain the ideal substances to end deep comedones from any area of the body.
Consult with your dermatologist the various options that you can find in the market since depending on your skin type. You will be better one or the other. If you prefer to prepare your homemade cream, check out these options:
Turmeric cream for buried comedones: Mix turmeric powder with coriander leaves and water until you get a porridge. Apply the result on the skin, leaving the paste to act for 10 minutes and then remove all the remains with warm water.
Oatmeal cream for closed comedones: Mix half a cup of oatmeal with three aspirins (previously crushed), water and cinnamon powder. When you get a porridge, apply the paste on the affected skin and let it act for 20 minutes. Aspirin salicylic acid and oatmeal exfoliating properties will make a big difference if you use this cream twice a week.
Egg cream to end comedones: Mix an egg white and the juice of half a lemon. Apply the cream on the affected skin, rubbing circularly for 5 minutes. Let the cream dry and then wash the skin with plenty of cold water and antibacterial soap. Repeat three times a week before bedtime.
Other tips to eliminate comedones quickly
Now that we have reviewed some useful methods to eliminate comedones permanently, we present more fundamental tips to prevent the appearance of these and treat them more quickly:
- Wash your skin with soap and water twice a day, especially if you have sweated.
- Before going to bed, wash your face with warm water and apply non-abrasive cleansing creams.
- Avoid exposing your skin to ultraviolet rays.
- Take care of your diet and always stay hydrated.
- Do not use products that contain alcohol or other harmful chemicals.
- Consult a dermatologist to find out what type of creams and treatments are most suitable for your skin.