Holidays are one of the periods that we enjoy most throughout the year. It provides us with greater personal wealth, both spiritually and emotionally. In them we can expand on the realization of activities that in the rest of the calendar, whether due to family or work issues, we cannot carry out, some such as travelling, spending time with our partner, playing sports, etc.
Holidays are a period in which we dedicate our free time to what we want to do. A great variety of thinkers, writers and all kinds of people have talked about these over time. Would you like to know some of the most inspiring holiday quotes that these illustrious personalities have left us?
70 Holiday quotes
1. On a good holiday, you have nothing to do and you have all day to do it. (Robert Orben)
The free time we have on our vacations allows us to lead another rhythm of life.
2. No man needs a vacation as much as the person who just took a vacation. (Elbert Hubbard)
When our vacation ends, we can suffer a small depression or post-vacation syndrome.
3. We don’t need more vacations, but more vocation. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
To enjoy a good holiday, we must have a full working life.
4. The art of rest is a part of the art of working. (John Steinbeck)
To be more competitive in our work, resting is essential.
5. The key to success is to make your vocation your vacation. ( Mark Twain )
If we enjoy working, work will become a much more pleasant task.
6. Over time, all trips end in the same place; at home. (Chris Geiger)
The return home can be a very beautiful moment that we have all enjoyed at some time.
7. Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, take a vacation every day and simply celebrate life. (Amanda Bradley)
We must take advantage of each day of our free time to do what most fills us or enriches us personally.
8. A perpetual vacation is a good definition of hell. ( George Bernard Shaw )
Holidays can become tedious if they last too long. The grace is that they are of average duration.
9. A vacation is what you take when you can’t take what you have been taking anymore. (Earl Wilson)
When we are burned from work and the life we lead, it is the best time to take a vacation.
10. The ant is wise, but not enough to take a vacation. (Clarence Day)
We all lose effectiveness in our work overtime, vacations help us to recover physically and mentally.
11. Happiness consists of living every day as if it were the first day of the honeymoon and the last of your vacation.
Knowing how to enjoy life is something we should all do, the small luxuries of each day that allow us to move forward.
12. There is more to life than to earn a living. Do not work more than you live. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
We must work to live, not live to work.
13. Do you spend more time planning a vacation than planning your life? (Catherine Pulsifer)
Holidays are only part of our lives, but it is the whole of it, good times and bad times that can make us happy.
14. People who read on vacation always have a better time because it is a total, physical and mental escape. (Jasmine Guinness)
Spending time reading will always be a positive thing for us.
15. Rainy days for which a man saves usually seem to arrive on vacation.
Time may not accompany us on our vacation, but we can also take advantage of that situation to relax and rest.
16. If you reject the food, ignore customs, fear the religion and avoid people, you better stay home. (James Michener)
Maybe the best place to spend our vacation is our own home.
17. Man has no rest until he rests in God. (Swami Sivananda)
Taking advantage of our vacation to make a spiritual retreat may be a good option.
18. To judge a man, do not ask what he does, but what he does not do.
Nothing defines a man better than what he does in his spare time.
19. He who does not have two-thirds of the day for himself, is a slave, whatever it is, politician, merchant, official or scholar. ( Friedrich Nietzsche )
We all need free time to rest and relax. Without that time for us, we would be slaves to our work activity.
20. There can be no pleasant rest without previous fatigue, in the same way, that there is no pleasure in food since you have no appetite. (Mariano Aguiló)
When we are tired or hungry, it is when we most enjoy those little pleasures of life like resting, eating, drinking.
21. Holidays show that a life of pleasure is overrated. (Mason Cooley)
Life can become very tedious if we don’t have a work activity to devote time to.
22. Holidays used to be a luxury, but in today’s world, they have become a necessity.
With the current pace of life and the subsequent stress we suffer from it, it seems necessary to take some vacations from time to time.
23. To rest too much is to rust. (Walter Scott)
The lack of both physical and mental activity can also cause us some damage.
24. Work without haste is the greatest rest for the body. (Gregorio Maranon).
When we have enough time to rest is when we recover the most.
25. An adventure trip has no substitute. It is the last experience, your great opportunity to let go of instinct. (Rosalind Massow)
The best trips are always those we see as if they were a great adventure.
26. For me, a vacation tries to take a book, go to the mountains and read. (Sonam Kapoor)
Reading can be a great pleasure for us, and our vacations can provide us with the time we need to devote.
27. Be an explorer. The universe is full of wonders and magical things. (Flavia)
Travelling is a pleasure that the vast majority of us can only do on our vacation.
28. Even when you take a break from technology, technology doesn’t take a break from you. (Douglas Coupland)
Social networks and technology always accompany us, even when we take a vacation.
29. When there is no rest in oneself, it is useless to look elsewhere. (François de la Rochefoucauld)
To be able to rest fully, we must be able to silence our thoughts and concerns.
30. Every man who can take a one-month vacation once a year, whether he should or not. (William James)
We need our own free time, thanks to it we can think more clearly and organize our priorities.
31. It is not the amount of time you spend in a place that makes it memorable; It’s the way you spend time. (David Brenner)
To enjoy our free time fully, we must carry out those activities that enrich us most.
32. A time well-spent results in more money to spend, more money to save and more time for vacations. (Zig Ziglar)
Reaching a good socioeconomic level will allow us to enjoy a better vacation.
33. Find a job where you don’t need a vacation. (Debasish Mridha MD)
The best jobs are those that we enjoy doing that we are passionate about.
34. The happiest moment in human life is in the departure to unknown lands. (Richard Burton)
A trip to the unknown can be a source of vital inspiration.
35. If your work requires travelling, you will understand that there is no better vacation destination than home. (Park Chan-Wook)
Our home will always be the place where we can rest more fully.
36. When all else fails, take a vacation. (Betty Williams)
In situations of stress and discomfort is when we most need time for ourselves.
37. As you grow, some things are learned. One of them is to really take the time you have allocated for vacations. (John Battelle)
We must recognize when we need to take a break, so on our way back, we will be much more effective.
38. I am not anxious about vacations. They always seem a ridiculously expensive way to prove that there is nothing like home. (Jilly Cooper)
After a long trip, we will always want to return to our home.
39. Rest is just as necessary as work. If you don’t work, you don’t rest well. If you don’t rest, you don’t work well.
Rest and work feedback, both activities need each other.
40. The bigger the summer vacations, the bigger the fall.
Taking a right and necessary time will help us to return with more force, more time will not favour us.
41. On their vacations, the rich will see the world. The poor go to see their parents. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
The trips to the land of our roots can help us to be more grateful for our current life.
42. All the happiness that humanity can achieve is not in pleasure but in the rest of pain. (John Dryden)
We all need time to recover from the most painful situations.
43. By far, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have free time. They are the biggest class without vacations. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
Housewives are always in their workplace. We must share the tasks with them because we all live under the same roof and have the same obligations.
44. Parties are not so much about opening presents as opening our hearts. (Janice Maeditere)
The best moments are those that bring us more emotionally. We must learn to enjoy them.
45. We are so used to work that not working is the new hard work. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Not going to work can also cause stress; knowing how to use our time productively can help us feel fulfilled.
46. There are three difficult things: keep a secret, endure a grievance and use leisure well. (Quilón)
Employing our free time effectively can be an art that many of us do not have to master.
47. Without work, no rest is obtained, as, without struggle, victory is not achieved. (Tomás de Kempis)
The work will also provide us with the moments of greatest rest. There is nothing like resting while tired.
48. The one who returns from a trip is not the same as the one who left. (Proverb of Chinese origin)
All the vital experiences that we live throughout our lives will help us to evolve as individuals.
49. A vacation should be long enough for your boss to miss you, and not too long for him to discover how well he can manage without you.
The best vacations are always the shortest; with them, we can incorporate into working life in a more optimal way.
50. If you return home as happy as you left, you had a good holiday.
We will always remember those pleasant moments that we live during our vacations.
51. Leisure, if not accompanied by study, is death and burial in the life of man. (Seneca)
Taking advantage of our free time to grow, intellectually can be of great help in life.
52. The price of anything is the amount of life you change for it. (Henry David Thoreau)
Time is the real currency of payment because once you spend it, you will never recover it.
53. I hope the trip is the best of all trips: a trip to ourselves. (Shirley MacLaine)
Any trip helps us to know and understand ourselves better.
54. We arrive at the sunny beaches to take care of keeping the sun away from our skin, the salt outside our bodies and the sand outside our belongings. (Erma Bombeck)
We must enjoy everything that our vacations give us, without fear of what they can bring us.
55. The university is the longest vacation you’ll ever have. (Dan Indante)
When we are adults and discover the intense working life, we realize that until then we were on vacation.
56. Happiness lies in the leisure of the spirit. (Aristotle)
In order to achieve happiness, we must have moments of leisure and recreation.
57. A vacation is like love: anticipated with love, experienced with discomfort and remembered with nostalgia.
During that period of time, we live a lot of emotions that we will always remember.
58. Holidays are attractive only in the first week. After that, there is no more news in getting up late and having little to do. (Margaret Laurence)
Excessively long vacations can bore us; their grace is in its fair duration.
59. A good holiday is over when you start to miss your job. (Morris Fishbein)
When we work on something we are passionate about, the return to activity can make us long.
60. Do not celebrate the holidays before they arrive.
A quote that can remind us of a lot of the saying: don’t sell the bear’s skin before hunting it.
61. Many people’s vacations are not voyages of discovery, but rituals of tranquillity. (Philip Andrew Adams)
The search for tranquillity is something that many of us decided to undertake in this period of time.
62. Leisure time is the best of all acquisitions. (Socrates)
Free time is a very valuable asset that we should not part with.
63. The greatest rest is to be blameless. (Cicero)
When we are consistent with our actions and thoughts, it is when we achieve greater serenity.
64. I do not consider free who does not sometimes have their leisure time. (Cicero)
Without free time we would be nothing more than mere slaves of our activity.
65. Laughter is an instant vacation. (Milton Berle)
Humour is something that helps us forget our problems and makes us enjoy the present.
66. A vacation is one that happens with people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours. (John B. Priestly)
Taking advantage of our free time to be with our loved ones is a very good option.
67. When you like your job, every day is a vacation. (Frank Tyger)
Those who work on something they are passionate about are certainly very lucky.
68. It takes a certain distance because thus the work seems smaller, most of it can be assimilated in the blink of an eye, and the lack of harmony and proportion is easier to see. (Leonardo da Vinci)
To be more effective in our work activity, we must enjoy free time to relax.
69. Happiness consists of living every day as if it were the first honeymoon day and the last of your vacation. (León Tolstoy)
We must live in the present and be grateful for everything we have in life.
70. Every kind of life, without alternative breaks, is not lasting. (Ovid)
Without free time and rest, our lives would be hopelessly shortened.
These are the best holiday quotes.